Friday, June 11, 2010

'Futurama' Meets 'X-Men' In Awesome Fan Art




Futurama X-Men
Futurama X-Men

Here's one that's near and dear to my heart, folks. In a brilliant blend of two of our favorite things around Splash Page HQ, fan art mixing the world of "Futurama" with the X-Men universe has popped up online and needs to be seen to be believed. Created by DeviantArt user gottabecarl, the image is jam-packed with obscure characters from both universes, brilliantly woven into the best possible kind of geekery: the kind that lets you show off how much more you know about the subjects than anyone else.
It's the sort of thing that starts wars and ends friendships, but heck... it's a thing of beauty, isn't it?
You can check out a much larger version of the image over at DeviantArt, but I'd be curious to know how many of the characters in the image you can identify with both their "Futurama" and X-Men inspirations.
I'll post my count in the comment section once I get a chance to look it over, so try to do the same. (I'm pretty sure I'll do well with the X-Men but fall flat with the "Futurama" characters.)

No comments:

Post a Comment