Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Northern Ireland Fashion Spy: Beyonce is very stylish

Kerry McKittrick takes a look at the fashion on show in Belfast city centre.  
 
Laura Abraham (21), Student, Dungannon
My leather jacket was £125 at Topshop and my scarf was about £15 in Oasis. My shorts were £10 in H&M and my tights cost £6 from Next. I got my bag in House of Fraser for £160 and my pumps were £16 from Topshop. My style is best described as random because I don’t follow fashion. I don’t really wear trousers so most of the time I go for shorts or skirts. My style icon is Natalie Portman because I think she has her own individual style and doesn’t copy anyone else. I don’t like Katy Perry’s style as it’s too out there. My monthly spend is about £100.


Kirsty Croft (20), Student, Belfast
My T-shirt cost £6 and my head-band was £3, both from Primark. I got my cardigan in Exhibit for £20 and my leggings were £20 in Republic. My jacket cost £60 in Bank and my Ugg bag and Ugg boots were both presents. My style is normally trendy and I go for bright colours and patterns. I like to keep an eye on what’s in the shops. My style icons are people like Cher Lloyd and Beyonce because they’re both really stylish. I don’t like how Fearne Cotton dresses. I actually think her style is too old for her. My monthly spend is £200.

Valerie McCann (53), Social Worker, Belfast
My jacket came from a boutique that closed years ago for about £150. I got my cardigan in Oasis for £25 and my cords were £20 in Dunnes Stores. I got my boots in the Clarks sale for £60 and my Marks & Spencer bag came from a charity shop for £5. My scarf was £7 in the Accessorize sale. My style is normally quite co-ordinated and I tend to go for clothes that are a bit different instead of following trends. I would say my style is more vintage than anything else. My style icon is Helen Mirren. For an older woman she always manages to look glamorous and very elegant. I don’t like how Denise Welch dresses as I don’t think her style does her any favours. My monthly spend 

No comments:

Post a Comment